What is VisualDx?
As a CMIO you know the challenges of rolling out a new electronic medical record. With VisualDx you will experience the pleasure of having your physicians thank you for bringing them an immediately useful clinical tool!
VisualDx is a diagnostic clinical decision support system that combines the benefits of conventional resource tools with high-quality images and proprietary problem-oriented search. Used in more than 1,500 hospitals and large clinics, VisualDx improves diagnostic accuracy, enhances medical education, and engages patients in treatment and care.
VisualDx allows entry of visual clues, symptoms, and patient history to create a differential, or users can search a specific diagnosis for testing and treatment information. Within the hospital environment, VisualDx impacts the early recognition of medication adverse events and life-threatening infectious diseases.
5 Benefits from the CMIO’s Perspective
- Satisfies Stage 2 Meaningful Use clinical decision support requirements.
- Provides “technology weary” clinicians with an easy-to-use clinically important tool, and helps even the most “HIT cynical” physician to see why digital healthcare is important.
- Improves quality and mitigates risk for patient injury in hospital and ambulatory settings. Read the 7 Reasons VisualDx is Essential for Hospital Care Delivery.
- Encourages shared decision making and promotes patient engagement through use of images.
- Deploys in a day, a cloud service that requires almost no IT support. Links into e-record, interoperable with UpToDate, and available as native iPhone, iPad, and Android apps.
VisualDx for Your Institution
VisualDx speeds up diagnosis and ensures that patients receive proper care, reducing the length of stay and mitigating risk for patient injury. For trial information contact our Sales Department.
Interested in VisualDx for your institution? Click here.
VisualDx in Practice
“VisualDx provides accessibility to a wealth of visuals representing the variation in disease presentation you simply cannot find in any other point-of-care resource. Seeing the look of relief in a mother’s eyes after showing her pictures of her child’s recurrent rash that had eluded diagnosis was all I needed to realize that this was a clinical tool I could not be without. – Tad Jacobs, DO, Chief Medical Officer, Avera Medical Group