VisualDx for Telemedicine
Using VisualDx for telemedicine offers the following benefits:
- Decreases the amount of time necessary for specialist physicians to write a consult note – more cost effective
- Referring physicians learn how to recognize and treat the specific diagnosis and also what other things to consider in the differential diagnosis, expanding diagnostic and management skills for future encounters – learning by doing
- Referring physicians can receive CME credit for each consult – Read more about VisualDx CME
- Patients share in the experience, learning and gaining reassurance from the VisualDx images
Store and Forward – How Does It Work?
- The referring physician uses VisualDx, possibly avoiding the need for a consult.
- If a consult is desired, the referring physician sends the patient case to the specialist via HIPAA-compliant software.
- The specialist reviews the case and prepares a consult note, including VisualDx URL links to the specific diagnosis, the differential diagnosis, and therapy recommendations.
- The referring physician receives the consult, sharing diagnostic images and information with the patient to educate and alleviate concerns.
This flowchart shows VisualDx being used by both the referring and the consulting physician during a store-and-forward telemedicine consult. In this way, the specialist provides more than just answers, supplying a robust standardized management and therapy plan as well as training the primary care doctor in building a visual differential diagnosis.
VisualDx can also be used during a live telemedicine consult. By using VisualDx as a live on-screen teaching tool, the specialist physician can provide teaching images and the differential diagnosis to consider during the live consultation.