Human Resource Manager
Reports to: VP, Finance
We are a profitable and growing software-as-a-service (SaaS) company headquartered in Rochester, NY and staffed nationally on a mission to transform and improve medical decisions through augmented thinking and timely visualization. Our vision is to become the most relied-upon intelligence platform for improving medical decisions by healthcare professionals and lay people alike. We currently serve more than 300 enterprise customers and half of all medical schools in the United States.
VisualDx is both a web EHR interoperable system and a mobile app that includes AI/machine learning image analysis capabilities. We are proud that our product has:
- The world’s best curated medical image library
- A leading skin of color atlas
- Smart search for chief complaints, diagnoses, medications, and travel locations
- The ability to build a patient-specific differential diagnosis
- The ability to earn CME credits with every search
- Availability on desktop, iOS, and Android devices
In 2019, VisualDx launched DermExpert™, a mobile app that allows anyone to take a picture of a skin condition and map it to VisualDx’s database for personalized guidance in seconds. The app leverages VisualDx’s comprehensive curated medical image library, deep knowledge base, and machine learning tools to provide the general practitioner with the ability needed to recognize, understand, and treat skin conditions.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for managing the operations and staff of the Human Resource (HR) department including developing programs to support and grow our people, remain current with HR regulations and trends, and maintain compliance with company policy. This position serves as a strategic partner and trusted advisor to our leaders to support them in achieving their business goals. We’re looking for an individual that is comfortable working in a fast-paced, growing environment, that can design and lead initiatives to move the HR function forward while effectively managing change.
- HR Operations
- Manage team of HR professionals
- Integrate our values of diversity, equity and inclusion within all things HR including policies, procedures, job descriptions, and compensation
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, interpreting and recommending best practices; reviewing policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Manage maintenance and updates to human resources documents, employee handbooks, employee records, and performance evaluation forms
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
- Learning, Development & Engagement
- Recommend, develop, and implement employee programs to make VisualDx a best place to work in the spirit of employee growth, development, and satisfaction
- Develop and organize employee training, recognition programs and social events
- Employer Relations/Business Partners
- Execute on training programs and performance management processes in collaboration with business partners
- Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concern referring complex and/or sensitive matters as appropriate
- Compensation & Benefits
- Oversee and manage payroll and benefit plans.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, work environment, compensation career development and employee benefits.
- Gather and analyze statistical and benchmark data and reports. Prepare and communicate data analysis.
- Talent Acquisition
- Develop a robust Employee Value Proposition (EVP) that reflects the benefits of a VisualDx career and the strong company culture
- Proactively monitor and grow outreach and communication
- Facilitate hiring process at all levels as needed
- Develop, organize implement internship and mentorship program
- Develop program for new employee onboarding
- Participate with any other HR or company functions as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Human Resources, with 1 year of supervisory experience
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Strong relationship building skills. High degree of professionalism coupled with empathy, integrity, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Ability to influence while understanding and balancing business needs
- Prior success in developing new processes, programs and leading projects
- Detail minded with strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office suite, HRIS)
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification
- Experience with Paylocity
- Experience with vendor management
- Experience implementing HR Saas tools
- Experience with HRIS reporting and analytics
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Frequently required to use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
Why you’ll want to join VisualDx:
Our people make VisualDx a great place to work. We’re connected through our mission to change medicine. VisualDx provides employees with work opportunities to stretch their minds and expand their skills. Here are a few other reasons you will want to join the VisualDx team:
We offer robust benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 3% Safe Harbor Contribution to 401k plan
- Paid time off– vacation, sick, and holidays
- Short and long-term disability
- No meeting Fridays!
- Work from anywhere in the US!
We have fun. We host happy hours, picnics, holiday parties, catered lunches, virtual escape rooms, and our newest tradition – Treat Yo Self Day!
We care. Our Social Causes Committee, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee, and wellness opportunities nurture our mind, body, and soul and deepen our community connections.
We’re pet people! Dogs are common workplace companions in our headquarters and those working remotely share pet adventures via Slack.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to being an inclusive environment. VisualDx is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train and promote without discriminating based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, military leave or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Because VisualDx is a federal contractor and because of our interest in employee and client safety, we adopted a policy requiring COVID-19 vaccination for our workplace. VisualDx requires that all employees provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or qualify for an accommodation from the vaccination requirement due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Please note: This requirement may be subject to change based on applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or other guidance.
Regrettably, we are unable to sponsor employment at this time.