Quality Assurance Engineer
VisualDx is a medical software company dedicated to creating powerful software tools in the area of clinical decision support for both healthcare professionals and lay people.
We are currently seeking an exceptional Quality Assurance Engineer for work on a variety of quality assurance tasks, related to our whole family of products, both professional and consumer, and the software infrastructure we use to build and maintain them. The ideal candidate has good analytical, design, testing, and problem-solving skills, brings creative approaches to challenges, works interactively with co-workers from a variety of different professional backgrounds, can adapt to changing requirements and goals, and can work collaboratively with our team in designing, building, and testing innovative software.
We’re looking for a person who shares our passion for developing quality software that helps make a difference in people’s lives.
- Advocates the use of quality processes and the creation of quality work products throughout the company.
- Establishes quality standards and designs and implements quality frameworks and processes.
- Identifies, analyzes, and documents defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies in software
- Creates and uses test cases, test data and automated tests from specifications and other documentation.
- Establishes benchmarks for program efficiency in operating and response times.
- Ability to create and execute automated test scripts using testing software tools.
- Conducts compatibility tests with other software programs, hardware, operating systems, and network environments.
- Monitors program performance to prevent recurrence of problems and ensure efficiency of operation.
- Documents, tracks, and communicates test plans, test results, analysis, and unresolved problems.
- Reviews and contributes to software program documentation.
- All other duties as assigned
See other opportunities at VisualDx
- Strong background in developing automated tests for applications
- Experience with Unix/Linux and Linux server environments
- Experience using JIRA or another bug-tracking software
- Experience using Scrum, Kanban, or other Agile methodology
- BS or higher in Software Engineering, IT, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent work experience
- Experience with writing Selenium and Appium tests a plus
- Experience with testing iOS and/or Android devices a plus
- Experience determining code coverage a plus
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a small team
- Thorough knowledge of software engineering processes and practices
- Ability to manage time and assigned tasks and set priorities appropriately
- Demonstrated ability and desire to learn new technologies
- High level of maturity, initiative and dedication
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player and willingness to lend a hand with any project