UI/UX Design Engineer
Reports to: VP, Product
We are a profitable and growing software-as-a-service company headquartered in Rochester, NY and staffed nationally on a mission to transform and improve medical decisions through augmented thinking and timely visualization. Our vision is to become the most relied upon intelligence platform for improving medical decisions by healthcare professionals and lay people alike. We currently serve more than 300 enterprise customers and half of all medical schools in the United States.
VisualDx is both a web EHR interoperable system and a mobile app that includes AI/machine learning image analysis capabilities. We are proud that our product has:
- The world’s best curated medical image library
- A leading skin of color atlas
- Smart search for chief complaints, diagnoses, medications, and travel locations
- The ability to build a patient-specific differential diagnosis
- The ability to earn CME credits with every search
- Availability on desktop, iOS, and Android devices
In 2019, VisualDx launched DermExpert, a mobile app that allows anyone to take a picture of a skin condition and map it to VisualDx’s database for personalized guidance in seconds. The app leverages VisualDx’s comprehensive curated medical image library, deep knowledge base, and machine learning tools to provide the general practitioner with the ability needed to recognize, understand, and treat skin conditions.
What you’ll do:
This person in this position is responsible for defining and designing intuitive and appealing UI/UX for our clients. You will be responsible for taking a concept and further refining it into a well-designed digital solution. You have the knowledge to move from high-level prototypes and mockups towards end-to-end user flows, working from a human-centered approach. You like to work at a fast pace and derive your energy from UI and UX design, not only concept design, but also to understand that testing and iterative design is crucial when launching early-stage solutions.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and developers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tools, and widgets
- Build page components and layouts, including navigation buttons and search fields
- Create mockups, wireframes, process flows, and prototypes that define interaction and/or interface for new and existing products and features
- Create original graphic designs (eg, images, sketches, and tables)
- Prepare and present designs to internal teams and key client stakeholders
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to optimize the end user’s experience and effectiveness of the interface features
- Collaborate with developers to hand off design mockups that ensure the fidelity of designs and product requirements
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (eg, responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors, and images
- Assist in developing and performing user research and testing that allows the gathering of data that supports our product team in empathizing with the end user and advocating for their needs
- Advocate for research-based UX best practices throughout the product lifecycle
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in design, computer science, or other relevant field, or a clearly demonstrated work experience as a UI/UX designer
- 2-3 years of experience in UI/UX design and knowledge of graphical software
- Experience with design thinking, human- centered design, prototyping, customer validation, lean and agile methodologies
- Working knowledge of the following technologies and software: Sketch, InVision, Figma, Lucidchart, Visio, HTML, CSS (SCSS), iOS, Android, Design Systems, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Working knowledge of Mac and MS Office (PowerPoint, Keynote)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with ability to prioritize tasks
- Team spirit: demonstrated ability to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Why you’ll want to join VisualDx:
Our people make VisualDx a great place to work. We’re connected through our mission to change medicine. VisualDx provides employees with work opportunities to stretch their minds and expand their skills. Here are a few other reasons you will want to join the VisualDx team:
We offer robust benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 3% Safe Harbor Contribution to 401k plan
- Paid time off– vacation, sick, and holidays
- Short and long-term disability
- No meeting Fridays!
- Work from anywhere in the US!
We have fun. We host happy hours, picnics, holiday parties, catered lunches, virtual escape rooms, and our newest tradition – Treat Yo Self Day!
We care. Our Social Causes Committee, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee, and wellness opportunities nurture our mind, body, and soul and deepen our community connections.
We’re pet people! Dogs are common workplace companions in our headquarters and those working remotely share pet adventures via Slack.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to being an inclusive environment. VisualDx is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train and promote without discriminating based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, military leave or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Because VisualDx is a federal contractor and because of our interest in employee and client safety, we adopted a policy requiring COVID-19 vaccination for our workplace. VisualDx requires that all employees provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or qualify for an accommodation from the vaccination requirement due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Please note: This requirement may be subject to change based on applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or other guidance.
Regrettably, we are unable to sponsor employment at this time.