Reports to: VP, Finance
We are a profitable and growing software-as-a-service company headquartered in Rochester, NY and staffed nationally on a mission to transform and improve medical decisions through augmented thinking and timely visualization. Our vision is to become the most relied upon intelligence platform for improving medical decisions by healthcare professionals and lay people alike. We currently serve more than 300 enterprise customers and half of all medical schools in the United States.
VisualDx is both a web EHR interoperable system and a mobile app that includes AI/machine learning image analysis capabilities. We are proud that our product has:
- The world’s best curated medical image library
- A leading skin of color atlas
- Smart search for chief complaints, diagnoses, medications, and travel locations
- The ability to build a patient-specific differential diagnosis
- The ability to earn CME credits with every search
- Availability on desktop, iOS, and Android devices
In 2019, VisualDx launched DermExpert™, a mobile app that allows anyone to take a picture of a skin condition and map it to VisualDx’s database for personalized guidance in seconds. The app leverages VisualDx’s comprehensive curated medical image library, deep knowledge base, and machine learning tools to provide the general practitioner with the ability needed to recognize, understand, and treat skin conditions.
The accounting specialist will be primarily responsible for managing the accounts payable and account receivable functions for the company. In addition, when time allows, will perform clerical, bookkeeping, and accounting assignments and prepare accounting statements and financial reports as assigned.
- Manages all accounts receivable processes.
- Manages all accounts payable processes.
- Posts journal entries to general ledger.
- Generates summary sheets to be used by supervisor or auditor.
- Serves as a back-up to processes payroll and prepares necessary payroll reports.
- Proofs accounting reports for clerical accuracy.
- Allocates expenditures to correct accounts according to departmental procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring:
- A thorough understanding of bookkeeping practices and procedures, with ability to train others in related practices and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience building relationships with customers and vendors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is a must.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to type at least 40 words per minute.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and accounting software, Quick Books and Salesforce experience a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, with some bookkeeping coursework.
- Three to five years of related experience required.
You have experience working within a fast-paced work environment where you:
- Are not afraid to change course
- Listen well
- Love to collaborate
- Are proactive by nature
- Communicate effectively
- Embrace challenges
- Are resilient
- Are a lifelong learner
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Why you’ll want to join VisualDx:
Our people make VisualDx a great place to work. We’re connected through our mission to change medicine. VisualDx provides employees with work opportunities to stretch their minds and expand their skills. Here are a few other reasons you will want to join the VisualDx team:
We offer robust benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 3% Safe Harbor Contribution to 401k plan
- Paid time off– vacation, sick, and holidays
- Short and long-term disability
- No meeting Fridays!
- Work from anywhere in the US!
We have fun. We host happy hours, picnics, holiday parties, catered lunches, virtual escape rooms, and our newest tradition – Treat Yo Self Day!
We care. Our Social Causes Committee, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee, and wellness opportunities nurture our mind, body, and soul and deepen our community connections.
We’re pet people! Dogs are common workplace companions in our headquarters and those working remotely share pet adventures via Slack.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to being an inclusive environment. VisualDx is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train and promote without discriminating based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, military leave or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Because VisualDx is a federal contractor and because of our interest in employee and client safety, we adopted a policy requiring COVID-19 vaccination for our workplace. VisualDx requires that all employees provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or qualify for an accommodation from the vaccination requirement due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Please note: This requirement may be subject to change based on applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or other guidance.
Regrettably, we are unable to sponsor employment at this time.