Reports to: VP, Engineering
We are a profitable and growing software-as-a-service company headquartered in Rochester, NY and staffed nationally on a mission to transform and improve medical decisions through augmented thinking and timely visualization. Our vision is to become the most relied upon intelligence platform for improving medical decisions by healthcare professionals and lay people alike. We current serve more than 300 enterprise customers and half of all medical schools in the United States.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for an engineer to augment our team to build, maintain, and improve the components of our security posture. You will collaborate on efforts to improve security detection and prevention. You will work to respond to incidents, and improve observability, infrastructure, and security.
- Balance security, federal and regulatory compliance, and deadlines
- Plan, implement, manage, and monitor solutions to protect the organization, its data, and infrastructure.
- Respond to security breaches.
- Test for system, network, and organization vulnerabilities.
- Improve our security posture by enhancing our technologies, configurations, and ability to detect and respond to incidents.
- Implement dashboards, metrics, and monitoring
- Excellent communication skills, to receive guidance, and to relay status to other teams
- Work with teams across the organization to create and implement policies and procedures to assist in achieving compliance
- Makes repeatable and reusable configurations and checks to maintain security and compliance posture
No single skill is required but an existing understanding of or desire to learn the following Security and DevOps tooling would be a plus.
- Azure Active Directory
- ISO 27001
- Docker and clustering
- Cloud Infrastructure (Amazon Web Services)
- Terraform, CloudFormation
- Application monitoring (DataDog)
- Git (BitBucket)
Significant and specific experience creating code with security in mind that proactively solves issues with security. Be prepared to tell us how you have successfully bridged traditional gaps between IT and security while ensuring fast, safe delivery of your performance goals.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Why you’ll want to join VisualDx
Our people make VisualDx a great place to work. We’re connected through our mission to change medicine. VisualDx provides employees with work opportunities to stretch their minds and expand their skills. Here are a few other reasons you will want to join the VisualDx team:
We offer robust benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Contribution to 401k plan
- Paid time off- vacation, sick, and holidays
- Short and long-term disability
We have fun. We host happy hours, picnics, holiday parties, catered lunches, and our newest tradition – Treat Yo Self Day!
We care. The Social Causes Committee, Wellness Wednesday, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee, weekly yoga and meditation sessions nurture our mind, body, and soul and deepen our community connections.
We’re pet people! Dogs are common workplace companions in our headquarters and those working remotely share pet adventures via slack.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to being an inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Minorities are encouraged to apply.