Reports To: : Vice President of Customer and Relationship Management
We are a small software company in Rochester, NY on a mission to transform and improve medical decisions through augmented thinking and timely visualization – to become the most relied upon intelligence platform for improving medical decisions by healthcare professionals and lay people alike.
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Intern is responsible for assisting the Vice President of Customer and Relationship Management with implementing VisualDx’s diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) strategies. This is a paid remote (until further notice) position.
- Assists with managing DEI-related projects, such as following up on action items and helping to keep projects on track (internally and externally).
- Provides administrative support with all DEI-related meetings, including scheduling and minute-taking.
- Assists with collecting and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data from diversity surveys and other data sources.
- Researches, compiles, and provides input from DEI articles and other related resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Recent graduate or currently enrolled in an accredited university or college as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student.
- Weekly commitment of 20 hours with at least 2 virtual check-ins (30 to 60 minutes) with the Vice President of Customer and Relationship Management each week.
- Access to a reliable computer, internet access, and phone.
- An interest in the operational and business development aspects of DEI.
- Recent graduate or currently enrolled in organizational management, sociology, anthropology, psychology, or similar social sciences bachelor degree.
- Awareness of and interest in issues of equity and inclusion, cultural and systemic racism, social justice, and cultural competence.
- Strong knowledge, interest, and commitment to social justice issues and creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplaces.
- Possesses the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information, including employee data and workforce demographics.
- Technology savvy with strong computer and internet skills.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Calendar, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Teams), Slack, and Zoom.
- Detail oriented with excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Self motivated, good organizational skills, ability to prioritize, multitask, and meet deadlines.
- Familiar with the healthcare sector.
We care and we have FUN at VisualDx! We provide the following:
- Time off: Vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Benefits: Health insurance, dental insurance, vision, 401K, and more
- Caring & Self-Care opportunities: Social Causes Committee, Wellness Wednesday, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Team, weekly yoga & meditation sessions
- Company Events: Picnics, happy hours, catered lunches, Festivus and our newest tradition-Treat Yo Self Day!
- Pets: We’re pet people and usually have a few office dogs visit each day
VisualDx is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Minorities are encouraged to apply.