Reports To: Vice President of Finance & HR
We are a growing software-as-a-service company headquartered in Rochester, NY and staffed nationally on a mission to transform and improve medical decisions through augmented thinking and timely visualization. Our vision is to become the most relied-upon intelligence platform for improving medical decisions by healthcare professionals and laypeople alike. We current serve more than 300+ enterprise customers and half of all medical schools in the US.
We’re looking for innovative problem solvers interested in developing programs and solutions that make a difference in people’s lives. Join us as we build and develop the people of VisualDx.
What You’ll Do
The human resource generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including developing programs to support and grow our people, remain current with HR regulations and trends, and maintain compliance with company policy. As a human resource generalist at VisualDx you will…
- Integrate our values of diversity, equity and inclusion within all things HR including policies, procedures, job descriptions, and compensation.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, interpreting and recommending best practices; reviewing policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintain and update human resources documents, employee handbooks, employee records, and performance evaluation forms.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
Learning, Development & Engagement
- Recommend, develop, and implement employee programs to make VisualDx a best place to work in the spirit of employee growth, development, and satisfaction.
- Develop and organize employee training, recognition programs, and social events.
Employer Relations/Business Partners
- Execute on training and performance review programs in collaboration with business partners.
- Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concern referring complex and/or sensitive matters as appropriate.
Compensation & Benefits
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, compensation, opportunities for promotion, and employee benefits.
- Gather and analyze statistical and benchmark data and reports. Prepare and communicate data analysis.
- Develop a robust Employee Value Proposition (EVP) that reflects the benefits of a VisualDx career and the strong company culture.
- Proactively monitor and grow outreach and communication.
- Help facilitate hiring process at all levels as needed.
- Develop, organize, and implement internship and mentorship program.
- Develop program for new employee orientations.
Participate with any other HR or company functions as needed.
What You’ll Bring
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources management or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Human Resources.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Strong relationship building skills. High degree of professionalism coupled with empathy, integrity, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Prior success in developing new processes, programs, and leading projects.
- Detail minded with strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office suite, HRIS).
- Experience with Paylocity
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times
Why you’ll want to join VisualDx
Our people make VisualDx a great place to work. We’re connected through our mission to change medicine. VisualDx provides employees with work opportunities to stretch their minds and expand their skills. Here are a few other reasons you will want to join the VisualDx team:
We offer robust benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Contribution to 401k plan
- Paid time off- vacation, sick, and holidays
- Short and long-term disability
We have fun. We host happy hours, picnics, holiday parties, catered lunches, and our newest tradition – Treat Yo’ Self Day!
We care. The Social Causes Committee, Wellness Wednesday, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee, weekly yoga and meditation sessions nurture our mind, body, and soul and deepen our community connections.
We’re pet people! Dogs are common workplace companions in our headquarters and those working remotely share pet adventures via Slack.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to being an inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Minorities are encouraged to apply.