Job Title: iOS Software Engineer
Reports To: VP, Engineering
FLSA Status: Exempt
We are a profitable and growing software-as-a-service company headquartered in Rochester, NY and staffed nationally on a mission to transform and improve medical decisions through augmented thinking and timely visualization. Our vision is to become the most relied upon intelligence platform for improving medical decisions by healthcare professionals and lay people alike. We currently serve more than 300+ enterprise customers and more than half of all medical schools in the U.S.
Our engineering team works together on complex challenges and achieves world-class results. Our solutions include Web, Android, and iOS applications. We are Agile and develop software through small Scrum teams.
Technologies we use:
- Swift, some Objective-C
- Jenkins, Crashlytics, Firebase
- Git / BitBucket
We’re looking for innovative problem solvers interested in developing solutions that make a difference in people’s lives.
What you’ll do:
As an iOS Software Engineer at VisualDx, you will be responsible for software development efforts that relate to iOS applications, but will likely over time also work on Android apps and the back-end.
- Develop and maintain our Aysa and VisualDx iOS
- Design, implement and test medical software
- Participate as a team member on any aspects of software engineering operations as needed.
What you’ll bring:
- BS in Software Engineering, IT, Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years experience developing iOS applications in Swift
- One or more applications in Apple’s App Store
- Familiarity with storyboards
- Knowledge of relational databases (SQL/MySQL)
- Familiarity with object-oriented design and implementation
- Familiarity with Android-based development activities as well as back-end activities
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a small team
- Familiarity with Agile software engineering practices
- Curiosity and desire to learn new technologies
- Good verbal and written communication and documentation skills
- Ability to be a team player and willingness to lead a hand with any project
- Experience with Swift, Xcode, Jenkins, Crashlytics, Firebase, Testflight, Git, Bitbucket, Apache, Tomcat, Amazon Web Services
Why you’ll want to join VisualDx:
Our people make VisualDx a great place to work. We’re connected through our mission to change medicine. VisualDx provides employees with work opportunities to stretch their minds and expand their skills. Here are a few other reasons you will want to join the VisualDx team:
- We offer robust benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Contribution to 401k plan
- Paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays
- Short and long-term disability
- We have fun. We host happy hours, picnics, holiday parties, catered lunches, and our newest tradition – Treat Yo Self Day!
- We care. The Social Causes Committee, Wellness Wednesday, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee, weekly yoga and meditation sessions nurture our mind, body, and soul and deepen our community connections.
- We’re pet people! Dogs are common workplace companions in our headquarters and those working remotely share pet adventures via Slack.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to being an inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Minorities are encouraged to apply.