Reports to: IT Manager
We are a profitable and growing software-as-a-service company headquartered in Rochester, NY and staffed nationally on a mission to transform and improve medical decisions through augmented thinking and timely visualization. Our vision is to become the most relied-upon intelligence platform for improving medical decisions by healthcare professionals and lay people alike. We currently serve more than 300 enterprise customers and half of all medical schools in the United States.
VisualDx is both a web EHR interoperable system and a mobile app that includes AI/machine learning image analysis capabilities. We are proud that our product has:
- The world’s best curated medical image library
- A leading skin of color atlas
- Smart search for chief complaints, diagnoses, medications, and travel locations
- The ability to build a patient-specific differential diagnosis
- The ability to earn CME credits with every search
- Availability on desktop, iOS, and Android devices
In 2019, VisualDx launched DermExpert™, a mobile app that allows anyone to take a picture of a skin condition and map it to VisualDx’s database for personalized guidance in seconds. The app leverages VisualDx’s comprehensive curated medical image library, deep knowledge base, and machine learning tools to provide the general practitioner with the ability needed to recognize, understand, and treat skin conditions.
We are looking for someone who can handle the first line of support for internal issues. This will involve helping troubleshoot computer problems on Mac and Windows. It will involve prepping and setting up equipment, or collecting equipment as needed.
You will have excellent analytical, design, and problem-solving skills, bring creative approaches to implementation challenges, love to work interactively with people from a variety of professional backgrounds, and can easily adapt to changing requirements and goals.
- Troubleshoot computer issues
- Set up computers and accounts
- Monitor active tickets for activity to ensure efficient service
- Respond to queries either in person or over the phone, email, chat (Slack), or voicemail messages for people seeking assistance
- Help document common issues and/or train others to help them with their issues
Work / Education / Experience Requirements:
- 0-3 years’ experience in help desk or customer service
- Technical experience with Mac and Windows environments
- Experience with Active Directory, Jamf, Intune are all plusses
- Degree in IT, certifications, or equivalent work experience
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Good listening and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Continued curiosity and desire to learn new technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills
- Comfortable working remotely
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Why you’ll want to join VisualDx:
Our people make VisualDx a great place to work. We’re connected through our mission to change medicine. VisualDx provides employees with work opportunities to stretch their minds and expand their skills. Here are a few other reasons you will want to join the VisualDx team:
We offer robust benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 3% Safe Harbor Contribution to 401k plan
- Paid time off– vacation, sick, and holidays
- Short and long-term disability
- No meeting Fridays!
- Work from anywhere in the US!
We have fun. We host happy hours, picnics, holiday parties, catered lunches, virtual escape rooms, and our newest tradition – Treat Yo Self Day!
We care. Our Social Causes Committee, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee, and wellness opportunities nurture our mind, body, and soul and deepen our community connections.
We’re pet people! Dogs are common workplace companions in our headquarters and those working remotely share pet adventures via Slack.
VisualDx is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train and promote without discriminating based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, military leave or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Because VisualDx is a federal contractor and because of our interest in employee and client safety, we adopted a policy requiring COVID-19 vaccination for our workplace. VisualDx requires that all employees provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or qualify for an accommodation from the vaccination requirement due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Please note: This requirement may be subject to change based on applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or other guidance.
Regrettably, VisualDx does not sponsor employment at this time.