Reports to: Vice President of Finance & HR
We are a profitable and growing software-as-a-service company headquartered in Rochester, NY and staffed nationally on a mission to transform and improve medical decisions through augmented thinking and timely visualization. Our vision is to become the most relied upon intelligence platform for improving medical decisions by healthcare professionals and lay people alike. We current serve more than 300 enterprise customers and half of all medical schools in the United States.
What you’ll do
As a Payroll and Accounting Specialist on the VisualDx team, you will:
- Calculate and run payroll including commissions and bonuses.
- Monitor upcoming payroll related changes for accuracy and ensure all proper approvals have been submitted.
- Update and maintain accruals for payroll, vacation, bonuses, etc.
- Perform GL functions and monthly account reconciliations.
- Record AP, AR, and cash receipts accurately and according to policy.
- Prepare financial reports and perform analysis of financial information.
- Ensure all controls, policies, and procedures are followed consistently and accurately.
- Excellent problem-solving skills to ensure efficient and accurate work. Offering to help with teammate’s workloads as needed.
- Perform other functions as assigned.
What you’ll bring
- Associate degree in accounting or a minimum of two years of experience with payroll record-keeping systems or accounting
- High level of confidentiality
- Ability to produce accurate work efficiently
- A high level of customer service and capability to communicate professionally
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to summarize and translate complex information
- Demonstrated proficiency Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience with Paylocity
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Experience with Salesforce
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
Why you’ll want to join VisualDx
Our people make VisualDx a great place to work. We’re connected through our mission to change medicine. VisualDx provides employees with work opportunities to stretch their minds and expand their skills. Here are a few other reasons you will want to join the VisualDx team:
We offer robust benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Contribution to 401k plan
- Paid time off- vacation, sick, and holidays
- Short and long-term disability
We have fun. We host happy hours, picnics, holiday parties, catered lunches, and our newest tradition – Treat Yo Self Day!
We care. The Social Causes Committee, Wellness Wednesday, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee, weekly yoga and meditation sessions nurture our mind, body, and soul and deepen our community connections.
We’re pet people! Dogs are common workplace companions in our headquarters and those working remotely share pet adventures via Slack.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to being an inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Minorities are encouraged to apply.