Reports to: VP, Sales
We are a profitable and growing software-as-a-service company headquartered in Rochester, NY and staffed nationally on a mission to transform and improve medical decisions through augmented thinking and timely visualization. Our vision is to become the most relied upon intelligence platform for improving medical decisions by healthcare professionals and lay people alike.
Our professional clinical decision support system VisualDx is used at the point of care to improve diagnostic, testing, therapeutic decisions, and patient engagement. VisualDx is both a desktop EHR interoperable system and a mobile app, which includes ground-breaking AI/machine learning image analysis capabilities. We also license Aysa, a “digital front door” machine learning based application. We currently serve more than 300 enterprise customers and half of all medical schools in the US. VisualDx individual sales is experiencing rapid growth. Of note: VisualDx is now receiving much attention due to its longstanding commitment to creating a database of diagnostic imagery in all skin colors.
We’re looking for an energetic, high-impact sales leader with an entrepreneurial drive to partner with our VP Sales to build our Pharma business.
What you’ll do:
The Pharma Sales Director is responsible for the business development for new revenue within the Life Sciences environments. Focus will be on building the relationships and driving sales of our diagnostic software that enables better patient outcomes to healthcare clients globally.
- Consistently finds new opportunities with new and existing pharma customers.
- Build a qualified pipeline
- Form processes and recommend best practices to develop Pharma business.
- Tracks all sales data and customer information in the CRM.
- Work with the correct decision makers to identify if VisualDx and potentially a VisualDx license is an appropriate solution to solve identified business-related problems.
- Ensure that all pipeline opportunities meet minimal qualifications, such as assessing need, timing, budget, capabilities match, decision-making process, and implementation schedule.
- Effectively develop and present a business-driven proposal as needed to convince the business level, user level, and financial level decision-makers the reasons why the solutions should be purchased now and not from the competitors.
- Present the business case that aligns to customer needs as defined during the qualification phase.
- Describe the solution in alignment to business and technical needs.
- Align the scope, schedule, and cost.
- Effectively position unique qualifications and corporate overview.
- Provide accurate product information to the medical community.
- Close sales timely and in enough volume to meet annual business objectives.
- Win sales to meet and exceed sales objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA degree in business or scientific discipline.
- 5-10 years of solution-focused, relationship-building, or sales experience selling within the healthcare industry in the Life Sciences space.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of scheduled work time.
What you bring:
- Ability to:
- Influence others in relation to product knowledge, product benefits, and customer needs and service.
- Adapt communication and/or selling style to suit audiences’ needs.
- Develop strong, customer-focused relationships with appropriate members of the medical community.
- Ability and passion to learn, comprehend, and translate complex medical information and technology.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, driven to succeed.
- Professional appearance and demeanor, with the ability to act ethically and in support of corporate culture at all times when representing the Company.
- Demonstrated effective:
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to prioritize time effectively.
- Embraces ownership for own successes and failures and takes responsibility for personal goals and outcomes.
- Proficient in a foreign language.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Valid driver’s license.
This is a “work from anywhere position.”
Why you’ll want to join VisualDx:
Our people make VisualDx a great place to work. We’re connected through our mission to change medicine. VisualDx provides employees with work opportunities to stretch their minds and expand their skills. Here are a few other reasons you will want to join the VisualDx team:
We offer robust benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Contribution to 401k plan
- Paid time off- vacation, sick, and holidays
- Short and long-term disability
We have fun. We host happy hours, picnics, holiday parties, catered lunches, and our newest tradition – Treat Yo Self Day!
We care. The Social Causes Committee, Wellness Wednesday, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee, weekly yoga and meditation sessions nurture our mind, body, and soul and deepen our community connections.
We’re pet people! Dogs are common workplace companions in our headquarters and those working remotely share pet adventures via Slack.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to being an inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Minorities are encouraged to apply.