Reports to: VP, Product
We are a profitable and growing software-as-a-service company headquartered in Rochester, NY and staffed nationally on a mission to transform and improve medical decisions through augmented thinking and timely visualization. Our vision is to become the most relied upon intelligence platform for improving medical decisions by healthcare professionals and lay people alike. We current serve more than 300 enterprise customers and half of all medical schools in the United States.
What you’ll do:
The product manager’s primary role is to work with users, stakeholders, and development teams to create and deliver the product strategy, to plan and define the features and functionality, and to lead efforts to translate the vision to all departments for development and deployment. This is a brand new role working through the entire lifecycle.
Our core product team works at the intersection of our business, engineering, design, and data teams. The product manager will take end-to-end ownership of the long-term strategy and execution of our mobile products.
We’re looking for a person who shares our passion for developing quality software that helps make a difference in people’s lives.
- Understand our users, markets, our content, and the mechanisms at our disposal to deliver an amazing product.
- Define and communicate the forward-looking strategy and goals for your product.
- Advocate for product design and architecture that enables long-term success for your product.
- Identify and advocate for big bets and innovation from your team.
- Set project and epic level KPIs and deliver measurable impact against them.
- Develop and clarify the business case and requirements for the prioritization of features and enhancements.
- Identify areas of overlap and coordinate on technical dependencies with other teams. Raise tradeoff and resource issues to leadership.
- Work closely with leadership to communicate product plan and evaluate risk and change management.
- Lead a dedicated team across engineering and design to execute against your roadmap, juggling multiple projects and stakeholders at once.
- Nurture the connection between all departments to efficiently execute on product initiatives from Development to GTM.
- Own and ensure that product roadmaps serve the strategy and are executed on time.
What you’ll bring:
- 3-5 years of relevant product management experience, on top of additional experience working in a dynamic environment. You have experience delivering, managing, and innovating on a roadmap of features related to delivering measurable value to users.
- Experience with B2B and B2B2C products and have launched features that have driven meaningful impact to your company.
- Strong technical foundation, whether it comes from your education or on-the-job experience. You’ll be working closely with our engineering team every day and should feel comfortable talking about the systems we’re designing at all levels of abstraction.
- Analytically driven. You love running experiments, working with data, and can handle making sense of data and getting to the answers that will drive us forward.
- Incredible work ethic, and a high bar. We’re a fast-moving company. We need people that can roll up their sleeves, deal with ambiguity, flex outside the role, and focus on getting the job done. Moreover, you can do all of this without sacrificing quality.
- You have a passion for the making the complex world of healthcare easier for physicians and patients. So, experience in medical or healthcare fields is a plus.
- You have experience delivering MOBILE solutions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times
Why you’ll want to join VisualDx:
Our people make VisualDx a great place to work. We’re connected through our mission to change medicine. VisualDx provides employees with work opportunities to stretch their minds and expand their skills. Here are a few other reasons you will want to join the VisualDx team:
We offer robust benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Contribution to 401k plan
- Paid time off: vacation, sick, and holidays
- Short- and long-term disability
We have fun. We host happy hours, picnics, holiday parties, catered lunches, and our newest tradition – Treat Yo Self Day!
We care. Some things we do together: The Social Causes Committee, Wellness Wednesday, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee, weekly yoga and meditation sessions nurture our mind, body, and soul and deepen our community connections.
We’re pet people! Dogs are common workplace companions in our headquarters and those working remotely share pet adventures via Slack.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to being an inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Minorities are encouraged to apply.