Job Title: Product Owner
Department: Product Management
FLSA Status: Exempt
We are a small software company in Rochester NY on a mission to transform and improve medical decisions through augmented thinking and timely visualization – to become the most relied upon intelligence platform for improving medical decisions by healthcare professionals and lay people alike.
The Product Owner’s primary role is to work with the Product Manager, stakeholders and development teams to deliver the product vision and roadmap. To help define the features and functionality and take responsibility for leading efforts to translate the vision to development for deployment.
We’re looking for a person who shares our passion for developing quality software that helps make a difference in people’s lives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
60% Product Development
- Work closely with Product Manager to execute product vision
- Own the product backlog, prioritize based on strategy
- Write, prioritize and refine product requirements
- Engage with agile development team(s) to implement the product
- Coordinate communication between the engineering and stakeholder teams, managing the flow of day to day information, change requests and product features through implementation and release
- Communicate business rationale for features and priorities to developers
25% Product Definition
- Facilitate product definition by working with end users, leadership, business stakeholders (business owner, business development, sales, marketing and partners), and the operations team (physician contributors, editors and imaging specialists)
- Assist with developing and clarifying the business case and prioritization of features and enhancements
- Manage the product roadmap and ensure alignment with business goals
- Deliver business requirements and associated artifacts
- Work with leadership to evaluate risk and change management
20% User Research
- Seek and collect user feedback
- Develop techniques/features for monitoring user experience (UX)
- Incorporate end user data in defining features and setting priorities
- Manage UX testing
- Develop and document functional specifications
All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or scientific discipline
- Three years of product owner (or equivalent) experience in a software development organization
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening skills
- Competent, self-starter with ability to work independently, problem solve, produce and prioritize quality work, and communicate effectively with stakeholders and developers
- Demonstrates strong time management skills, including the ability to prioritize a large number of ongoing activities
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and a commitment to a personal continuous improvement process
Other desired skills or experience:
- Experience in medical or healthcare fields
- Experience in a regulatory compliant environment a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms.
We care and we have FUN at VisualDx! We provide the following:
- Time off: Vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Benefits: Health insurance, dental insurance, vision, 401K, and more
- Caring & Self-Care opportunities: Social Causes Committee; Wellness Wednesday; Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Team, weekly yoga & meditation sessions
- Company Events: Picnics, happy hours, catered lunches, Festivus, and our newest tradition, Treat Yo Self Day!
- Pets: We’re pet people and usually have a few office dogs visit each day
VisualDx is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Minorities are encouraged to apply.