Reports to: VP, Engineering
We are a small software company in Rochester, NY on a mission to transform and improve medical decisions through augmented thinking and timely visualization and to become the most relied-upon intelligence platform for improving medical decisions by healthcare professionals and lay people alike.
We are currently seeking an exceptional Quality Assurance Co-Op to work on a variety of quality assurance tasks, related to our whole family of products, both professional and consumer, and the software infrastructure we use to build and maintain them. The ideal candidate has good analytical, design, testing, and problem-solving skills, brings creative approaches to challenges, works interactively with co-workers from a variety of different professional backgrounds, can adapt to changing requirements and goals, and can work collaboratively with our team in designing, building, and testing innovative software.
- Advocates the use of quality processes and the creation of quality work products.
- Identifies, analyzes, and documents defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies in software
- Creates and uses test cases, test data and automated tests from specifications and other documentation.
- Establishes benchmarks for program efficiency in operating and response times.
- Ability to create and execute automated test scripts using testing software tools.
- Conducts compatibility tests with other software programs, hardware, operating systems, and network environments.
- Monitors program performance to prevent recurrence of problems and ensure efficiency of operation.
- Reviews and contributes to software program documentation.
- Actively working towards a degree in Software Engineering, IT, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of one or more software programming languages (Java or Kotlin preferred) for developing automated tests.
- Working knowledge of MacOS and associated terminal usage.
- Familiarity with GIT and GIT services (Bitbucket/Github).
- Prior experience working with a QA team and/or medical products a plus.
- Experience using JIRA or another bug-tracking software a plus.
- Experience with iOS and/or Android devices a plus.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a small team
- Ability to manage time and assigned tasks and set priorities appropriately
- Demonstrated ability and desire to learn new technologies
- High level of maturity, initiative, and dedication
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player and willingness to lend a hand
VisualDx is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Minorities are encouraged to apply.