View all careers
Senior Client Success Manager
Reports to: Director, Client Success
We are a profitable and growing software-as-a-service (SaaS) company headquartered in Rochester, NY and staffed nationally on a mission to transform and improve medical decisions through augmented thinking and timely visualization. Our vision is to become the most relied-upon intelligence platform for improving medical decisions by healthcare professionals and lay people alike. We currently serve more than 300 enterprise customers and half of all medical schools in the United States.
VisualDx is both a web EHR interoperable system and a mobile app that includes AI/machine learning image analysis capabilities. We are proud that our product has:
- The world’s best curated medical image library
- A leading skin of color atlas
- Smart search for chief complaints, diagnoses, medications, and travel locations
- The ability to build a patient-specific differential diagnosis
- The ability to earn CME credits with every search
- Availability on desktop, iOS, and Android devices
In 2019, VisualDx launched DermExpert™, a mobile app that allows anyone to take a picture of a skin condition and map it to VisualDx’s database for personalized guidance in seconds. The app leverages VisualDx’s comprehensive curated medical image library, deep knowledge base, and machine learning tools to provide the general practitioner with the ability needed to recognize, understand, and treat skin conditions.
The Senior Client Success Manager is responsible for primarily managing strategic accounts and projects. This role is the customer’s primary point of contact while implementing the VisualDx solution. They work to effectively manage and support increased adoption of its use by building effective relationships with end-users, decision-makers, executives, clinicians, and partners that results in retention, new revenue, and increased brand loyalty. This role also identifies, manages, and drives opportunities to deliver revenue against an assigned growth target. This role has no direct reports.
- Implementation (25%)
- Partners with the sales, business development, and Business Analyst staff members to lead post-sales activity for implementing new accounts and sites.
- Utilizes an implementation project plan to ensure transparency and to make sure CSM meets deliverables that are set for them.
- Documents all relevant implementation activity in salesforce.com.
- Growth strategy (45%)
- Partners with VisualDx senior management team to develop and implement a site-specific growth strategy that leads to increased awareness of the VisualDx value proposition among account decision makers, education/awareness contacts, and end users.
- Works to proactively understand the customer’s processes, procedures, and clinical/educational needs. Incorporates this knowledge into all contacts with them.
- Partners with the Business Analyst and is actively engaged in using account data and industry trends to proactively support and grow account usage.
- Demonstrates successful sales attributes including resiliency, persistence, adaptability, results-driven, engaging others, teamwork, and perseverance in the face of competitive pressure or conflict.
- Employs effective presentation skills in a variety of settings, via various media.
- Supports the achievement of strategic objectives critical to other functional areas within the company.
- Develops and maintains strong, multi-level relationships with key customers and stakeholders enjoying that VisualDx supports the ongoing needs and objectives of for each account.
- Establishes, builds, and maintains a positive, trusted advisor relationship at all decision levels within assigned accounts.
- Always thinking of ways to improve and grow the company and our customer portfolio.
- Customer Support (20%)
- Ensures resolution for any account/customer issues that arise, and that the CSM meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Conducts day-to-day account management activities including meaningful phone and email contacts per the communications plan established with the customer.
- Maintains current records and all account contact activities such as phone calls, emails, letters in salesforce.com upon completion, including screen shots of the current installation location.
- Internal Collaboration (10%)
- Fosters a positive team culture and participates in team development including onboarding and training.
- Mentors other CSM’s on fulfilling renewal and upsell goals.
- Publishes internal reports showing account performance as it relates to the strategy plan.
- Contributes to learning and development initiatives impacting the Client Success team.
- Participates in cross-functional meetings and projects and provides insight from a user and account perspective.
- Partners with Marketing to provide content and feedback about customer-related campaigns and marketing activities.
- Contributes to change initiatives by providing constructive feedback, participating in potential change initiatives, and removing obstacles impeding organizational change.
- Provides regular internal updates related to ongoing opportunities, trends, and projects within their respective territory.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to deliver integrated solutions from strategy to implementation of successfully onboarding new accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4-year business-related degree (or related field) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a client success management role within a fast-paced collaborative, innovative environment.
- Proficiency with basic software applications, including MS Office and/or SharePoint.
- Highly Proficient with CRM platform (such as Sales Force or similar).
- Confident communication (written and oral/listening) skills and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization (internal and external).
- Proven ability to effectively engage and influence a variety of audiences at all levels of an organization.
- Relationship-focused: able to gain trust through communication, a consultative approach, expectation setting, and the completion of planned deliverables.
- Competent, self-starter with ability to work independently, problem solve, and produce quality work.
- Demonstrates strong time management skills, including the ability to prioritize multiple ongoing activities.
- Proven track record of identifying opportunities for process improvements and driving those improvements to completion.
- Maintains a sense of urgency to drive and close revenue-generating opportunities.
- Employs a customer-focused, action-orientated approach to achieve an elevated level of customer satisfaction.
- Successful negotiation and conflict management skills resulting in win-win outcomes.
- Passionate about customer service and seeks to achieve extraordinary results as part of a high energy and dynamic cross-functional team.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and a commitment to a personal continuous improvement process.
- Some travel is required.
- BS/BA plus 5+ years of successful healthcare technology-driven customer success or account management role.
- Demonstrated Project Management experience or certification.
- Possesses a solid working knowledge of hospital operations and technology and understands how customer buying decisions.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Frequently required to use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to travel.
Why you’ll want to join VisualDx:
Our people make VisualDx a great place to work. We’re connected through our mission to change medicine. VisualDx provides employees with work opportunities to stretch their minds and expand their skills. Here are a few other reasons you will want to join the VisualDx team:
We offer robust benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 3% Safe Harbor Contribution to 401k plan
- Paid time off—vacation, sick, and holidays
- Short and long-term disability
- No meeting Fridays!
- Work from anywhere in the US!
We have fun. We host happy hours, picnics, holiday parties, catered lunches, virtual escape rooms, and our newest tradition – Treat Yo Self Day!
We care. Our Social Causes Committee, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee, and wellness opportunities nurture our mind, body, and soul and deepen our community connections.
We’re pet people! Dogs are common workplace companions in our headquarters and those working remotely share pet adventures via Slack.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to being an inclusive environment. VisualDx is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train and promote without discriminating based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, military leave or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Because VisualDx is a federal contractor and because of our interest in employee and client safety, we adopted a policy requiring COVID-19 vaccination for our workplace. VisualDx requires that all employees provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or qualify for an accommodation from the vaccination requirement due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Please note: This requirement may be subject to change based on applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or other guidance.
Regrettably, we are unable to sponsor employment at this time.