Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Reports To: VP, Engineering
FLSA Status: Exempt
We are a small software company in Rochester, NY on a mission to transform and improve medical decisions through augmented thinking and timely visualization – to become the most relied upon intelligence platform for improving medical decisions by healthcare professionals and lay people alike.
For this journey we are currently seeking a Software Engineer to join our team.
Our products include Web, Android and iOS applications. Technologies we use:
- Java EE, Java Server Pages
- Apache/Tomcat running in AWS
- Docker, Lucene
- Git / BitBucket
This position’s main focus is the back-end but over time you’ll likely work on the iOS or Android apps as well. We are quite Agile and develop the software through small Scrum teams. You will have good analytical, design, and problem-solving skills, bring creative approaches to implementation challenges, and love to work interactively with people from a variety of different professional backgrounds, can adapt to changing requirements and goals. And you share our passion for developing great software that helps to make a difference in people’s lives!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain server-side software that takes a patient’s findings and returns relevant differentials
- Modify and extend SQL-based data models and schemas
- Design, implement and test medical software
- Participate as a team member on any aspects of software engineering operations as needed
- Strong background in Java/Java EE and related web technologies
- Solid relational database (SQL/MySQL) skills
- Excellent knowledge of object-oriented design and implementation
- Kotlin experience is a plus
- Experience with EHRs like Epic or Cerner is a plus
- Experience with Apache, Tomcat, Amazon Web Services are all pluses
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a small team
- Comfortable working from home
- Thorough knowledge of agile software engineering practices
- Continued curiosity and desire to learn new technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player and willingness to lend a hand with any project
We care and we have FUN at VisualDx! We provide the following:
- Time off: Vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Benefits: Health insurance, dental insurance, vision, 401K, and more
- Caring & Self-Care opportunities: Social Causes Committee, Wellness Wednesday, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Team, weekly yoga & meditation sessions
- Company Events: Picnics, happy hours, catered lunches, Festivus and our newest tradition-Treat Yo Self Day!
- Pets: We’re pet people and usually have a few office dogs visit each day
VisualDx is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Minorities are encouraged to apply.