Reports to: VP, Product
We are a profitable and growing software-as-a-service company headquartered in Rochester, NY and staffed nationally on a mission to transform and improve medical decisions through augmented thinking and timely visualization. Our vision is to become the most relied upon intelligence platform for improving medical decisions by healthcare professionals and lay people alike. We currently serve more than 300 enterprise customers and half of all medical schools in the United States.
VisualDx is both a web EHR interoperable system and a mobile app that includes AI/machine learning image analysis capabilities. We are proud that our product has:
- The world’s best curated medical image library
- A leading skin of color atlas
- Smart search for chief complaints, diagnoses, medications, and travel locations
- The ability to build a patient-specific differential diagnosis
- The ability to earn CME credits with every search
- Availability on desktop, iOS, and Android devices
In 2019, VisualDx launched DermExpert, a mobile app that allows anyone to take a picture of a skin condition and map it to VisualDx’s database for personalized guidance in seconds. The app leverages VisualDx’s comprehensive curated medical image library, deep knowledge base, and machine learning tools to provide the general practitioner with the ability needed to recognize, understand, and treat skin conditions.
What you’ll do:
As a Technical Project Manager at VisualDx, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You’re equally comfortable explaining your team’s analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our core product team works at the intersection of our business, engineering, design, and data teams.
- Lead EHR Integration projects for health systems
- Implement project lifecycle methodology
- Develop and maintain information technology plans that outline project status, individual tasks, milestones, completion estimates, and resource allocation to ensure deliverables are completed on time
- Coordinate activities with vendors for hardware, software, data migration, training, hosting, and other components
- Have experience leading multiple teams across engineering and design to execute against your roadmap, juggling multiple projects and stakeholders at once
- Design technical developments with the technical team
- Coordinate training, user acceptance testing, and go-live activities
- Ensure user satisfaction through post-project debrief
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years of experience defining, managing, and delivering cross-functional projects within timelines and with distributed teams
- 3-5 years of experience in software program or project management
- 3+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Technical management and understanding of client and vendor relationships
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience communicating cross-functionally with all levels of management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end-to-end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Lean Six Sigma, and/or Scrum Master certified preferred
- Health IT project management experience, especially working with EHRs
- Experience owing end-to-end delivery and communicating results to senior leadership
- Experience working independently and on multiple initiatives at the same time
- Experience in healthcare, pharma software
- Exceptional analytical skills, comfort working with large amounts of data and communicating data findings, experience establishing and tracking program metrics including return on investment
- Experience identifying and resolving complex issues, will take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances–a solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgment
- Demonstrated program ownership and consistent delivery on commitments–great organizational skills with exceptional follow-through and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; the ability to interface with all levels of the organization, specific strength in influencing decision-makers and managing expectations
- Customer service orientation with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations; ability to serve multiple customers and deliver an excellent employee experience
- Experience with B2B and B2B2C products.
- Incredible work ethic, and a high bar. We’re a fast-moving company. We need people that can roll up their sleeves, deal with ambiguity, flex outside the role, and focus on getting the job done. Moreover, you can do all of this without sacrificing quality.
You have experience working within a fast-paced work environment where you:
- Are not afraid to change course
- Listen well
- Love to collaborate
- Are proactive by nature
- Communicate effectively
- Embrace challenges
- Are resilient
- Are a lifelong learner
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Why you’ll want to join VisualDx:
Our people make VisualDx a great place to work. We’re connected through our mission to change medicine. VisualDx provides employees with work opportunities to stretch their minds and expand their skills. Here are a few other reasons you will want to join the VisualDx team:
We offer robust benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 3% Safe Harbor Contribution to 401k plan
- Paid time off– vacation, sick, and holidays
- Short and long-term disability
- No meeting Fridays!
- Work from anywhere in the US!
We have fun. We host happy hours, picnics, holiday parties, catered lunches, virtual escape rooms, and our newest tradition – Treat Yo Self Day!
We care. Our Social Causes Committee, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee, and wellness opportunities nurture our mind, body, and soul and deepen our community connections.
We’re pet people! Dogs are common workplace companions in our headquarters and those working remotely share pet adventures via Slack.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to being an inclusive environment. VisualDx is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train and promote without discriminating based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, military leave or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Because VisualDx is a federal contractor and because of our interest in employee and client safety, we adopted a policy requiring COVID-19 vaccination for our workplace. VisualDx requires that all employees provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or qualify for an accommodation from the vaccination requirement due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Please note: This requirement may be subject to change based on applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or other guidance.
Regrettably, we are unable to sponsor employment at this time.