The Adult Treatment Panel (ATP) III definition of metabolic syndrome requires patients to have any three of the following five traits:
- Abdominal obesity – Waist circumference ≥102 cm (40 inches) for men and ≥88 cm (35 inches) for women.
- Serum triglycerides ≥150 mg/dL or drug treatment for elevated triglycerides.
- High-density lipoprotein (HDL) <40 mg/dL in men and <50 mg/dL in women or drug treatment for low HDL cholesterol.
- Blood pressure ≥130/85 mmHg or drug treatment for elevated blood pressure.
- Fasting plasma glucose ≥100 mg/dL (5.6 mmol/L) or drug treatment for elevated blood glucose.
E88.81 – Metabolic syndrome
237602007 – Metabolic syndrome x