- New-onset angina – New-onset angina that occurs only with heavy exertion poses a risk similar to that of chronic stable angina, while angina that is provoked with minimal activity and prolonged in duration carries increased risk.
- Angina with rest – Poses increased risk if prolonged or associated with ST changes.
- Early post-myocardial infarction (MI) angina – Poses high risk in the absence of intervention.
- Late post-MI angina – More than 30 days after stent or coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG); can represent progression of disease or stent / graft re-stenosis.
- Angina without evidence of cardiovascular disease – Typically present in women and younger individuals, who usually have a better prognosis.
I20.0 – Unstable angina
25106000 – Impending infarction