Acrochordon - Anogenital in
Acrochordons can also be a feature of the autosomal-dominantly inherited Birt-Hogg-Dubé syndrome. They can also be seen in large numbers in tuberous sclerosis. They are increased in number in acromegaly and are sometimes associated with acanthosis nigricans.
L91.8 – Other hypertrophic disorders of the skin
201091002 – Skin tag
Differential Diagnosis & Pitfalls
- Seborrheic keratoses have a "stuck-on" appearance and are usually hyperpigmented.
- Genital warts tend to have a more verrucous or roughened surface.
- Pedunculated neurofibromas usually have a firmer texture.
- Intradermal melanocytic nevi are typically dome shaped and may have pigmentation.
- Keloids are firm and occur at the site of trauma.
- Solitary nevus lipomatosus superficialis is often broad based and cerebriform.
- External hemorrhoids may resolve and result in perianal skin tags.
- Infantile perianal pyramidal protrusions (IPPP) are most commonly seen in prepubertal girls and present as fleshy, acrochordon-like protrusions of tissue.
- Sebaceous adenitis