Basosquamous carcinoma of skin
C44.90 – Unspecified malignant neoplasm of skin, unspecified
254702000 – Basosquamous carcinoma of skin
Differential Diagnosis & Pitfalls
- SCC – Presents as a hyperkeratotic papule or nodule, often with overlying scale. Ulceration may also be seen.
- BCC – Presentation is variable depending on the subtype. The nodular variant presents as a pearly telangiectatic nodule with rolled edges.
- Sebaceous hyperplasia
- Molluscum contagiosum
- SCC in situ (Bowen disease)
- Intradermal nevus
- Lichen planus-like keratosis
- Atypical fibroxanthoma
- Adenoid cystic carcinoma (see adenoid cystic carcinoma of ear)
- Merkel cell carcinoma
- Eccrine carcinoma
- Microcystic adnexal carcinoma