Becker nevus in Child
Treatment is only required in rare cases for severe cosmetic or psychosocial reasons. Other rare associated findings include acne, acanthosis nigricans, spina bifida, scoliosis, pectus carinatum, accessory scrotum, lipoatrophy, and congenital adrenal hyperplasia. A few cases of melanoma in association with a Becker nevus have been reported.
D22.9 – Melanocytic nevi, unspecified
5387003 – Becker's nevus
Differential Diagnosis & Pitfalls
- are darker and have a distorted hair pattern, often with coarse hair, unlike the regular but exuberant hair in a Becker nevus.
- frequently have more epidermal changes and lie in a dermatomal distribution.
- presents with small, faintly hyper- or hypopigmented, scaly patches over the back and trunk.
- (freckles) are small, pigmented, photodistributed macules.
- are small, nonpalpable, pigmented macules and patches.
- Giant can clinically resemble a Becker nevus in preadolescent patients but can usually be distinguished later by the development of hypertrichosis and epidermal / dermal changes in a Becker nevus.