Ecthyma in Child
L08.0 – Pyoderma
762694009 – Ecthyma
Differential Diagnosis & Pitfalls
- The disorder is similar to streptococcal nonbullous impetigo but is differentiated by deeper components.
- Ecthyma should be differentiated from ecthyma gangrenosum, which is caused by Pseudomonas sepsis and is potentially life threatening and evolves over hours to days.
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infections
- Pyoderma gangrenosum
- Mycobacterium marinum infection
- Cutaneous leishmaniasis
- Insect bite reactions
- Haemophilus ducreyi cutaneous ulcers (see chancroid)
- Lymphomatoid papulosis