Milia in Infant/Neonate
L72.8 – Other follicular cysts of the skin and subcutaneous tissue
254679001 – Milia
Differential Diagnosis & Pitfalls
- Infantile acne
- Neonatal cephalic pustulosis
- Molluscum contagiosum
- Sebaceous hyperplasia in the newborn
- Oral-facial-digital syndrome (type 1) has multiple milia in the first few years of life in addition to congenital mouth and digital malformations.
- Atrichia with papular lesions is a genetic condition of alopecia with milia; patients may be born with hair, but it falls out and is not replaced.
- Keratosis pilaris
- Milia-like calcinosis cutis
- Eruptive vellus hair cysts
- Nevus comedonicus
Drug Reaction Data