Pilomatricoma in Child
D23.9 – Other benign neoplasm of skin, unspecified
274901004 – Pilomatrixoma
Differential Diagnosis & Pitfalls
- Epidermoid cyst can frequently be identified by observing an overlying punctum.
- Pilar cyst is usually deeper than a pilomatricoma.
- A pilomatricoma is typically firmer and less regular in shape than a dermoid cyst.
- Glomus tumor is painful and tends to involve the nail unit.
- Osteoma cutis presents as a firm dermal nodule and may be clinically indistinguishable from pilomatricoma.
- Calcinosis cutis also presents as a firm dermal nodule and may be clinically indistinguishable from pilomatricoma.
- Juvenile xanthogranuloma