Pilomatricoma in Infant/Neonate
D23.9 – Other benign neoplasm of skin, unspecified
274901004 – Pilomatrixoma
Differential Diagnosis & Pitfalls
- can frequently be identified by observing an overlying punctum.
- is usually deeper than a pilomatricoma.
- A pilomatricoma is typically firmer and less regular in shape than a .
- is painful and tends to involve the nail unit.
- presents as a firm dermal nodule and may be clinically indistinguishable from pilomatricoma.
- also presents as a firm dermal nodule and may be clinically indistinguishable from pilomatricoma.