Common signs and symptoms may include areflexia, extremities weakness, radicular pain, urinary retention, sphincter dysfunction, flaccid paralysis, limb pain, and leg monoparesis.
Management focuses on treating underlying cause and restoring function related to spinal cord and nerve root inflammation. Treatment may include antiviral or antibiotic regimen, analgesics, anti-inflammatories, and physical therapy.
G61.9 – Inflammatory polyneuropathy, unspecified
41370002 – Myelitis
- Cauda equina syndrome
- Conus medullaris syndrome
- Tethered cord
- Lumbosacral disc disease with radiculopathy
- Diabetic amyotrophy
- Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy
- Spinal cord tumor (eg, meningioma, medulloblastoma, metastases, ependymoma)
- Radiation-induced lumbosacral plexopathy