Thyroglossal duct cyst in Infant/Neonate
Q89.2 – Congenital malformations of other endocrine glands
39462005 – Thyroglossal duct cyst
Differential Diagnosis & Pitfalls
- / lymphadenopathy – The most common source of palpable neck masses in children.
- – The second most common cystic neck lesion in children, often midline.
- of the neck – This is typically present at birth, stable in size, off midline and over the sternocleidomastoid muscle.
- Thymic cyst
- Midline cervical cleft – These present as midline neck linear lesions found almost exclusively in young white females.
- Midline anterior neck inclusion cyst (MANIC) – A type of superficial midline developmental anomaly