Dentistry & Oral Medicine
What is VisualDx Oral Medicine?
VisualDx Oral Medicine is an oral lesion diagnosis tool that combines the power of a comprehensive medical image library with concise, specialist-developed clinical information. Input findings such as visual clues, symptoms, patient medications, and patient history to develop a differential, or search a specific diagnosis to confirm diagnostic thinking and review therapy recommendations.
VisualDx Oral Medicine covers over 100 common and rare conditions of the oral mucosa as well as systemic diseases with oral manifestations including benign and malignant neoplasms, infectious processes, inflammatory conditions, and other disorders of the oral cavity, represented by more than 1,000 peer-reviewed images.
Benefits for Dental Professionals
- Develop a differential – Input clinical findings to build a patient-relevant differential diagnosis.
- Visually confirm a diagnosis – Look up a suspected diagnosis and compare classic and variant images with your patient’s presentation.
- Access next steps for management and care – Review concise, actionable clinical information and care recommendations.
- Enhance patient education – Share images and information with patients to promote engagement, provide reassurance, and encourage treatment compliance.
- Go mobile – Use VisualDx Oral Medicine on your mobile device while at the point of care or on the go.
Sook-Bin Woo MS, DMD, MMSc
- Associate Professor of Oral Medicine, Infection & Immunity, Director of Advanced Graduate Education Program in Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, Harvard School of Dental Medicine
Carl Allen DDS, MSD
- Professor and Director, Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, Ohio State University, College of Dentistry
VisualDx at Your Institution
Are you employed at an institution? Contact our Sales Department to get a trial for you and your colleagues.
VisualDx for the Dental Professional
In dentistry, dealing with specialty level issues is not uncommon. VisualDx Oral Medicine arms you with specialty level information so that you can help your patient on the spot. Sign up today and see why 97% of users say VisualDx improves patient care.
Interested in VisualDx for your institution? Click here.
VisualDx in Practice
"[The patient was] diagnosed with oral hairy leukoplakia (a condition seen in immunocompromised patients, particularly those with HIV infection). The use of VisualDx successfully assisted ... in differentiating these [oral] white lesions. This tool was the key to our success in being able to diagnose and treat this case properly." – T.H., Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of Southern California Los Angeles