People of color are negatively impacted by healthcare inequities that can lead to worse health outcomes, including caring for their skin. We created See My Skin so that people with melanin-rich skin could finally see skin conditions on themselves.
–Kevin Tolson, Brand Director of US Skincare at Unilever
- Improve care from pre-visit to follow-up
- Support the patient process with a rich, visualized symptom checker and curated medical image library.
- Track symptom progression in clinical trials
- Access images to improve med affairs interactions with key influencers
- Identify variant disease presentations, reducing disparities
- Create more culturally-competent providers
- Help identify potential patients for clinical trials
- Help with self-care guidance and education for patient- and consumer-focused products.
- Provide patients easy-to-understand guidance on the most common skin conditions—without all the jargon.
- Give personalized next steps to your customers based on their individual needs. This can include triaging emergent cases to a healthcare professional or recommending specific products available for purchase over the counter.
- Empower consumers to make better medical decisions at home, in the pharmacy, and with their doctors.
Learning to identify variant presentations of skin conditions can create more culturally-competent providers and reduce racial disparities in healthcare.